Christopher David Mitchell is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Christopher David Mitchell may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13/08/2018.
1.0 – Christopher David Mitchell’s Beliefs
1.1 – Relevant important bits
2.0 – Collection of Data and what we collect
2.1 – Booking and contact form
2.2 – Site visitation tracking
3.0 – How data is stored
3.1 – Our website
3.2 – Our data processors
4.0 – Security and data breaches
5.0 – Controlling your personal information
1.0 Christopher David Mitchell’s Beliefs
User privacy and data protection are human rights and we have a duty of care to the people within our data
Data should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
We hate spam- most people do!
We will never sell or distribute or make your data public!
1.1 – Relevant important bits
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to user privacy and data protection.
UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2.0 COLLECTION OF DATA AND WHY WE COLLECT IT: This website collects data for the following reasons from the following third parties;
2.1 Booking and contact form: If you contact us by telephone or using the contact form we may collect the following information:
● your name
● contact information including email address and phone number
● other information – such as what service you may require and any extra info you provide.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
● Internal record keeping.
● We may use the information to improve our products and services.
● We may occasionally send emails about Christopher David Mitchell’s new services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
● All booking and payments through www.christopherdavidmitchell.com are processed via Paypal system. For full information on the Paypal processing of payments and terms and conditions please see https://www.paypal.com/uk/home
● Upon booking a coaching session Christopher David Mitchell will need your email contact for updates to coaching sessions, for example, cancellations or changes to the session.
● Upon purchasing an online product, for example, ‘The Exceptional Vocal Warm Up’ Course, Christopher David Mitchell will need to store your contact details in case of password changes and relevant updates to the product.
2.2 Site visitation tracking:
2.2.1 Google Analytics
● Christopher David Mitchell uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people visiting our site, and to gain an insight into how they are using the website (monitoring factors such as user journey, bounce rate, session duration, traffic source, etc.).
● GA also records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you, but Google does not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
● Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages on this website.
2.2.5 Facebook Pixel
Christopher David Mitchell uses Facebook’s pixel to collect different types of data whenever it is loaded;
Http headers – Anything present in HTTP headers. HTTP headers is a standard web protocol sent by default between any browser request and any server on the Internet. HTTP headers include IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and user agent.
Pixel-specific data – This includes the pixel ID and Facebook cookie.
Optional values – We can optionally choose to send additional information about the visit through custom data events. Example custom data events are conversion value, page type and more. Read more about custom data events here.
3.0 HOW THE DATA IS STORED
3.0.1 Our Website
If data is submitted via the website, it is held in the website’s database and only used to either start an exciting new business partnership or to contact you further with your enquiry. The data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion, a limitation of the content management system this website is built on (WordPress), as well as an email notification to email@example.com email where we can process the enquiry quicker.
Christopher David Mitchell holds data on secure servers.
3.0.2 Our data processors
Our services operate across a global infrastructure using our data controllers, who process in both EU and US-based servers. This processing is supported by strict legal compliance for safeguarding any transfers of personal data outside the EU.
3.2.1 This website’s server:
This website is hosted on Thunderbolt Digital Servers https://www.wearethunderbolt.com
4.0 SECURITY AND DATA BREACHES
We are committed to making sure that all your information is secure. In order to prevent disclosure or unauthorised access, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the databases of any of our third-party processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach. This is only if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
5.0 CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please see below for your rights and requests;
● Right to rectification – You’re able to request we edit account information at any time through the form below.
● Right to be forgotten – After receiving a request to be forgotten, we will permanently delete your record and all data associated with it within 30 days of receiving the request.
● Right of portability – If requested, we will export your data so it can be transferred to a third party.
● Right to object – At any time, you may object (via opt-out) to your personal data being used for specific purposes such as direct marketing, research, etc.
● Right of access – We’re transparent about the data we have and how we use it. You can contact us at any time if you’d like to access your data or if you have any questions about your data and how we’re using it.